Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Worst Parts

Come get me, she says. Do you have to work? Then come get me right now. I miss you.

I could just get in my car and be there in the morning. I would be there for a day and have to return for work.

Why do you have to work? Dad works, so you don't have to.
Why don't you live here? Why aren't you married anymore?

I'm so sorry. I promise I'm trying my best to make our life happy. I know it's going to feel different and hard, but you and me we have to be strong. This is your time with your Dad right now, you have to make sure you spend it with him. You are probably just tired.

No, I'm not tired, I just miss you.

If I was there, I would climb into bed with you, snuggle you up, sing you songs, and fall asleep with you. We will be together soon. I love you.

I try to change the subject and talk about all the things we will do when she's home with me.
I tell her to go snuggle up with her Dad so she feels better.

What's done is done, but I have to find a way to make this life really really good for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment