Tuesday, June 15, 2010

3 Day Mom

My kids are with their Dad all Summer.

A 7 hour drive keeps us apart while I work to start a new life.

I show up for 3 days to visit the 2 people that give me my reason to continue living.

Instantly:
Sippy cups
Boogers
Mommy, Mommy, Mommy
Breaking up fights
Little clothes
wiping bottoms
Messes, messes, messes

Day 1- I felt guilty because I wasn't use to the constant demands and bickering over things like the color of cup someone wants. I guess I expected just hugs, kisses, giggling, and sweetness all day.

Day 2- Woke up appreciating every moment, even the annoying ones. Stayed away from distractions, like my phone and computer. We played and played. No worries, just loved all of it.

Day 3- Still to come. I find myself dreading tomorrow, because I will have to leave. And no matter what I have done the past 3 days it won't feel like enough.

I know having been here will make my life there feel even more lonely. But, I don't have a choice, so once again, I will make the best of it. (I'm so sick of doing that)

No comments:

Post a Comment