Saturday, June 12, 2010

Miss my Life

What I wouldn't give to go back to:

7am he gets up, I hear the shower turn on.

Dooda comes in asking for "Hot chocat"
Crawl out of bed and down stairs to find a sippy for chocat milk.

Turn Dora on and start on dishes. Put some bacon in a frying pan.
Feeling ambicious, and start some French Toast, he loves French Toast.

Set the table. Lulu comes down and watches cartoons. I get her some juice.

He comes down in his collared shirt and fixes his tie in the mirror by the kitchen table.
He walks into the garage to feed the dog. Comes into the kitchen and says, "mmm smells good"

He goes and sits down at the piano and plays the songs he has written over the years.
Dooda goes and starts singing with him next to him on the bench.

Breakfast is ready and we all sit down. I get up and down flipping more and more French Toast.
Dooda spills his juice, and Lulu poors way too much syrup on her plate.

He gets his jacket from the hall closet, says goodbye. Kisses to everyone.
Goes to his care. A few minutes later he comes back in because he forgot his briefcase.

I give him another kiss. And say, see you at lunch.

I clean up breakfast and clean the kitchen. Kids are rowdy and the neighbor kids come over, everyone is still in their jammies. I'm still in my pj's doing house work.

I check my email, talk on the phone, make the bed, put the clothes away, clean up spilled cereal that has smashed into the carpet, and match the socks.

Kids go to the neighbors, I jump in the shower, before he gets home for lunch, so I don't look gross. I whip something together for lunch. It's still in the oven when he gets home. He goes across the street to get the kids and they come bustling back. He plays in the front yard with them. The dog barks for her ball to be thrown.

Then lunch.

He kisses everyone goodbye.

I take the kids to the Library. We hang out and play until about 4:30. Then i rush around the house making it look presentable. Thrown dinner together.

I'm putting the forks on the table when he gets home. He say's, "mm smells good"
We sit down and have dinner. I head out to book club. Get home and kiss the kids goodnight. He is checking his email in the office. We watch an episode of our favorite sitcom.

He brushes his teeth as I browse a magazine laying in bed. He walks out of the bathroom and I look up and smile at him. He puts his glasses on and grabs his book. I scoot a little closer, roll over and fall asleep as he reads.

WHERE DID MY LIFE GO?!

No comments:

Post a Comment