Friday, June 25, 2010

Long Distance Mom

I'm trying to get creative as I search for ways to be 'Mom' 400 miles away.

Lulu and I sing songs over the phone. I play songs for her on youtube and we both dance.
She says, "guess what I'm doing now?"
I say: Jumping?
She says, "Nope, cheering"

I call everyday, but they are little and mostly distracted.
I feel selfish calling them and taking them away from the fun things they are doing.

I taught Doodah "Hickory Dickory Dock" this week.
We've also been working on "This little piggy".

One night I read them a story, but don't know how much they actually paid attention.
Their Dad is a much better story teller than me.

I sent a package in the mail, full of just fun things.
It was so great to hear how excited they were. So, nice to know I was a part of their day.
Just shopping for them through out my day, makes me feel more connected.

There has to be more I can do.
I should start 'skyping'.

I can't wait to be 'everyday mom' again!
Going to the store is just plain boring without crazy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment