Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hug it Out

My Lulu and I have always had an 'intense' relationship. Since Day 1 she was a Daddy's girl and we instantly had too much in common, head strong and determined, and that has made for some frustrating days.

But, recently, when the emotions get a little escalated, and frustration is setting in. I look at her with a smerk on my face and ask her if we're gonna need to 'hug it out'. She stays angry and stomps her feet and yells NO! I grab her and squeeze her tight. She fights it and I say, Oh I guess we're gonna have to hug it out longer than I thought. I don't let go until we're both laughing and she says 'I love you Mom'.

So, not only have I illiminated frustrating situations, I get more hugs and more 'I love you's' from my cutest, most determined little girl. I love you Lulu!

No comments:

Post a Comment