Friday, March 5, 2010

Where are the Flowers?

Someone told me that after they had filed for divorce their husband became amazing. Sending flowers, begging forgiveness, doing anything and everything to try to keep her. I thought that period would be really hard to get through. You would have to keep telling yourself that all the nice things are just a show. That the flowers and desperation were not something you could count on fixing a marriage.

I will never know what that phase of divorce looks like. What I've learned over the past year is that he would simply watch me walk away. And that continually hurts. He'll forever ask, "What do you want?" and never do what it would take to have what he wants. Because he simply doesn't want it.

I know I can and will forgive him for everything. I know I have the determination and strength to have made this work. But, how would I have done that with someone that wasn't sure if they wanted it or not? For as much work, love, sacrifice, and determination as it would've taken, it would've needed it from both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment