Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What a THRILL!

Before I was married I remember...
Every song on the radio made you feel something.
Missing him so much it physically hurt.
Looking at his picture until I fell asleep.
Hearing his voice on the phone made my heart stop.
Waiting for his plane to arrive was unbearable.
All the thrill, all the heart racing, all the kisses, all the passion, all the long eye contact.
The dropping everything just to spend a few moments together.

Where does all that go when you get married?

I get to have all of that all over again. Can that kind of passion stick? Can you have that while married? If not, I think I'll stay with the heart racing, thrilling, unbearably amazing stuff.

Maybe it would get exhausting and that's when people get married, just because they get tired of the thrill, and it would just be nice to simply come home to someone, rather than surreal weekends away.

Hmmm. For now, I'll take the thrill.
After dull dull horrible, complete thrill is a breath of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment