Thursday, February 11, 2010

Everything's just gone

We had moved 2 years ago. I jumped in with both feet and worked my hardest to build a new life. I didn't think I could be as happy as I was. He had everything he ever wanted and in a small town, i had discovered what was important to me.

Then, without warning, he lit a match to my life. And over the last few months I have watched my life go up in flames. The flames are dying down and I'm starting to see that there is nothing left.

Now, I can't stay here. I have to walk away. It's all gone.

It was ours, and now everything all day, is a heart wrenching reminder that it is gone.
I'm exhausted by trying to find away to stop the fire. And now, I have to find the strength to pick up the pieces that I can, put myself back together, walk away, and rebuild something new.

But, today I sit in my wheel barrow and cry, waiting for the moment I can get out and pick up the pieces without getting burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment