Thursday, April 15, 2010

Snowmen

It had snowed. It was his night with the kids.
He asked if he could build snowmen with them in the front yard when he came to get them. They were so excited, I knew they would love that.

Dinner was just getting done, it was silly to not offer him some.

So, as my once called "happy family" sat down for dinner, and then got bundled up to build snowmen. I occupied my mind and efforts with making sugar cookies.

I could've sat in the window watching the family I ached for, laugh and build snowmen. Remembering all the moments we laughed together as one. But, no.

Just stay in the kitchen, make the cookies. Frost the cookies. Don't go to the window. What you see will not be real. So, I stay strong. I stay put together.

My kids had a great time with their Dad, and I got my cookies done.
No tears, no heart ache. Just another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment